Well Met Warriors and Guardians of the Woods!!
The New year finds the WGW not only stronger than we have ever been, but at this time we are the largest active player guild on the Morgan la Fey server. Though we may be the latest thing for many gamers, WGW in fact enjoys a long and proud tradition of online Gaming. Now in our ninth year of Gaming as a Guild, we offer a History of traditions, a Depth of character, and a Maturity of purpose that simply is not to be found in many newer Guilds.
When you get right down to it, a Guild is about people. This guild is about every member, and it is every person from the newest Squire to the oldest Wardog that makes the Warriors and Guardians of the Woods the success that it is today. If you are new to online gaming, you may not be familiar with how much work truly goes into making a player Guild like ours an enjoyable place for you to game. There are many members who constantly go out of thier way to help thier Brethren in the Guild. There are too many Great members to list here, but in particular, nine of us have been elected by the Guild membership to serve as your Council of Warriors. Your Councilors sacrifice a portion of thier Gaming time to help manage the Guild, so that we can all have a more enjoyable experience. Each Councilor takes an equal share in helping to run our Guild. From solving problems, and developing policy in the Council meeting that are held every other week. To running events like Wardog Night, and helping new members learn the ways of the Game and the Guild. The Council is here to serve the Guild for the benefit of all of us.
Your Current Council of Warriors is:
Marty, Assistant Guild Master
Grizzli, Master of War
Mysterios, Mistress of Treasures
Ferrix, Master of Personel
Bombaldi, Warrior Advisor
Azlaray, Warrior Advisor
Bronwolff, Warrior Advisor
Kobane, Warrior Advisor
I have asked each of your councilors to post thier thoughts on the Warriors and Guardians of the Woods in the coming Year. Thier messages are posted here.
See you in the Woods,
Warrior and Guardian of the Woods
My goals for the new year:
1. Have Fun! 'nuff said.
2. Continued success with Wardog Thursdays. Clearly the signature event for WGW which will grow, change and improve with the addition of the Frontiers expansion.
3. Establishment of ML/Artifact/Epic Nights. I think the ML, Artifact and Epic quests can serve as a platform for a permanent ML night. I have a lot of ideas rolling around in my head about this which I will try and propose. Note that this can also be used to help post-40 players achieve level 50.
4. Stabilization of Membership. Recently, we have attracted (1) guild drifting players who join us for a while then leave and (2) players who join us and truly become part of the family. We need to focus on attracting and retaining type (2) players. We need to turn more type (1) players into type (2) players. I think we can do this by continuing to take a "members first" attitude toward PvE and RvR, and to encourage more people to be active on our boards. Our recently-revamped recruiting policy is a good first step in this direction.
5. Recruitment of Good Leadership. With the recent additions to the Council, we have again proven that WGW is an excellent incubater for good leadership which will rise to the Council when the need exists. We need to continue that trend, and I have every belief we will do so.
Azlaray (aka Templar) :
I wanted to thank my Brothers and Sisters of WGW for your continued game play excellence, making my time in DAoC enjoyable. A little background on me for the newer members. I officially became a member of WGW about 6 years ago in a game called Asherons Call, and never looked for another guild again.
Times changed and we found ourself moving to DAoC, where it was much more guild friendly. I was know as Templar (Ranger) in the early part of the game. I then left for about 6 months and gave my account to Zez, who has done a fine job bring up Bar the Bard. I came back and assumed the account of Azlaray. (Note was not my intention to be a female toon, and I am a male in real life). I think our guild is stronger then it ever has been in the past, and have made many new friends who I look forward to gaming with in the future
Goals I would like to see for our Guild in the comming year.
1. To be the largest active guild on Morgan Le Fey, both in regards to RvR and PvE.
2. To continue the "Wardogs" success and bring it to the new frontiers expansion. I want the other realms to say, "Run! WGW is out in force!"
3. To provide an enjoyable gaming expirence for all of our guildmates, regardless of class played, level, how you play and when you play.
4. More interaction on our website from our guildmembers. The more you post here, the better the elected leaders and your guildmates get to know you. Plus if you ever find you have to leave the game, this is a great place to keep in touch.
With all that being said, I thank you once again not only as an elected Council Member, but for enhancing my own gaming expirence!
Even if our GM forgot who I was in the council ( I was not in his list of council members) here's my speach:
Reputation is a well known tool to success. In the past year WGW as forged a stronged one by providing well trained warriors and guardians. In all aspect this guild has become more then a game option. A circle a friend or as some love to call it, a second family. And it's throught this bound that I want to accomplish new goals for the year to come.
I am the Master of War. The bringer of courage and driver of zerg. You are the power, the destroyers.. the tool of success. Together we form something known as the Wardogs. A fearsome group of friends bounded together to pillage and massacre whoever stand in our way.
In the coming year, we will see a new tool to accomplish our bloodlust goal. Frontier will bring a new breath into RvR. I will make sure it become a tool of success for WGW. We will explore and learn the new land. It will be very important to become familiar with these as we became with Emain or our beloved enemy frontier.
I seek neither pride nor glory in RvR. We should always seek pleasure and fun. Banded together as we do in Wardogs HAS to remain a fun thing and I will make sure it remain that way.
I invite you to embark into a journey of great song and colorfull stories.
"Let it be known that brave Warriors, good and true, have banded together to guard and cleanse Hibernia of the forces of evil. Henceforth they shall be known as the Warriors and Guardians of the Woods and shall serve their guild and cause with honor, loyalty and courage. " - WGW Charter and Mission
This past year has been good to WGW. When i first joined this awsome band of warriors, gamers and friends it was a small guild with around 25 members. Since then we have grown stronger by bringing new friends into our cirkle and still managed to maintain that fellowship wich IS the spirit of WGW.
We have grown not only in members but in power and with power comes responsibility. The responsibility to "win" this game by having FUN. Be it fun in RvR, Leveling, Questing or something else... even Crafting - wich is not fun, but I still enjoy it for some odd reason.
That being said I have some goals for us besides just having fun.
1) Wardogs. Ever Bigger Ever Better and More Feared. With the obvious intention Mythic has for large armies clashing in the frontier we have an advantage over most other guilds. When the Brothers and Sisters of Wardogs enter the frontier we are seen.
2) MLs, Artifacts and Quests. I wish for us to persue these things with the same energy and dedication as Wardogs. If we could turn a force like the Wardogs on say Galla or a ML raid I am confident we would succed gloriously.
3) Members. To expand our groupe of friends with even more good players, good friends and fellow warriors.
4) Message board. To have all our members reading and posting on our board and thereby makeing communication easier.
There is nothing as like getting home after a long days hard work and kill a Troll
Warriors and Guardians of the Woods
Hail my fellow Guildies,
Thanks to all of you for the opportunity to represesnt the Guild on your Council. I've come a long way in the game since the day's when I would glance over my boyfriend's (now Husband's) shoulder as he sat in front of the computer and say to myself, "Ohhhhhh, that poor (insert mobs name here)! "Why does he like this game?!" lol.. As much as I enjoy this game now, I've come to the realization that my #1 source of enjoyment when I log on is the presence of my fellow guildies! How many other Guilds can say the same? It warms my spirit to hear the light-hearted bantering and jesting that goes on between our members or the cries of war as we battle together to guard Hibernia.
The goals I would like us to strive for this next years should include:
1) To have fun!!!
2) Continue to hone our RvR skills, making WGW stronger, faster, and more deadly! Fear Us!!!
3) Take an active part in guild sponsored events....With the size of our guild and the rapidly leveling members, we are nearing a point where we can do almost any ML, epic task, or raid on our own if neccessary
4) As we grow stronger, many people are looking to us. At all levels, many of you will be asked by others if they can join WGW. I say to you, ask yourself if you would want this person to represent WGW before you give them the opportunity to be a part of this great Guild. Let us only recruit and retain members who are worthy of the tag "WGW". I wish continued success for WGW, which in essence means that we are made of only the best. By "best" I don't mean that you have to be the best player, the best spec'd, the "knower of all things" (though I'm proud to say we have many people that are in those categories). I mean toons who portray those qualities in character that are as important in game as they are in real life....fairness, good leadership, respect, patience and the desire to help each other.
Cya in the woods
Hello all and welcome to the home of the Warriors and Guardians of the Woods on the web. Since joining WGW over a year ago I've seen the guild grow in both numbers and respect. I've played characters to 50 in all three realms and I've never had such an enjoyable gaming experience as I've had here with Zezmo and the gang.
In the coming year, I'd like to see the more of what I saw last year...fun, teamwork and continuing to bring new friends into the guild.
Take care and remember..what makes the grass of Emain Macha green? ...TROLL BLOOD!!!